Aiyah! It feels so good to be back. I have definitely been slacking on the blogging and I have missed it so much, I think I just needed a little break. With the two jobs, and trying to be an adult, I definitely lost track of my blog and my youtube channel. With my second job wrapping up for the season though, I will have way more time to create and thought I would try and slide as many posts in as I could before I go back to full-time content creation, which I missed so so much. I didn't get a lot of content in for the month of October, but I did get to do a few things, so here are my favorite things!
- I got a new tattoo on Halloween. A Lot of artists and shops have flash sales on Halloween and Friday the 13th, so I called up Khris, and asked if he had any deals and he did! So I went in and got Momo the cat on my shoulder, and I am so so excited about it. I got a new place tattooed, so it's taking a minute to heal, but google's Halloween mascot has just affected me so much, that I had to get her permanently attached. If you don't know who Momo the Cat is, do yourself a favor and play last years game, and watch this year's video!
- This year's Google Doodle really caught my heartstrings. After watching how Momo handled Jinx the ghost, I knew she needed to be a tattoo. This doodle is really about being accepted, and when I was younger it was something I wanted so desperately. I love this video so much, so definitely make sure you watch it if you haven't checked it out already.
- For the first time, I used markers and paint on my pumpkins. As I'm sure you are well aware, Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, but Pumpkin Carving isn't one of my favorite things to do. We went to Michaels for Halloween decorations and they had a 60% sale on their plastic pumpkins. I picked up a black and a white one, and pretty much all month, the Boy wonder and I hemmed and hawed about what we should do with them. About a week before Halloween, we came up with the brilliant idea to paint them like Jason and Batman. So I used art Markers from Amazon to create Jason from a picture online, and then I attempted to paint the batman symbol but the markers weren't showing up on the black pumpkin, so then I really used my noggin, and I dug out our acrylic paints and as I was looking up Batman, I had the BRILLIANT idea to do Blacula instead, and if you don't know who that is, please, educate yourself, everyone needs Blacula in their lives. This was the first time painting in so long, but I was super pleased with how it turned out.
- I got a brand new instant camera this month. The Lomography Lomo'Instat South Beach edition. I know what you're thinking, why are you purchasing an old media? The simple reason? I LOVE CAMERAS and I LOVE PHOTOGRAPHY. It's an old media, but Instax film is still very easy to purchase and find so it isn't obsolete yet, and damnit ya'll there is just something about film. I love this camera a lot more than the Instax mini 8 because I can take selfies AND it came with 5 different lenses for me to play with! So, of course, I couldn't leave it on the shelf. I picked it up from Barnes and Noble, and since its purchase, I've almost gone through an entire pack of instant film. Which is great, seeing as I have only used three packs since receiving the Instax Mini for my birthday a year ago. Don't worry, It will have its own post I've been dying to talk about it.
- Walking into Gamestop and buying Alolan Raichu and Layton's Mystery Journey. You guys know how I have been feeling about the adorable Alolan versions of Pokemon for Pokemon Sun and Moon! The Raichu has to be one of my favorites because even though they're an electric Pokemon they're alolan and they surf on their tail, and they LOVE PANCAKES! It's Canon, trust me. I definitely couldn't leave him on the shelf, and then I told myself that I would only get him, but then I saw the new Layton game on the shelf, and I knew I couldn't leave without it. I was on my way to work, so of course, I opened Katrielle and the Millionaire's Conspiracy and played it during the shift, even though I'm technically still in the middle of Diabolical Box story wise.
- The Season 2 premiere of Riverdale! YAAAAAS! I waited so long for this you guys. I love the dark air that the story is taking, I'm loving that Jughead is coming into his own with the gang even without his father, I love how crazy Cheryl is becoming, this season is shaping up to be pretty wild, and I'm definitely ready for the ride.
What were some of your favorite things in October? Let's talk about it on Twitter!
Same Bat Time, Same Bat Channel,