2017, had me watching quite a few television programs. I got vintage shows on Hulu or Netflix that I had heard of and finally be able to watch them in their entirety. Binge-watching Television is literally one of my favorite things to do, so putting together list posts like this, is always a win-win. Here are my Fave shows of 2017.
- Riverdale S1: I've been talking about Riverdale since before it premiered! I love everything about this show! My favorite three things about the show is that it's a mystery and EVERYONE looks GUILTY!!! You guys know I can't resist a mystery. I am absolutely loving that Josie and The Pussycats is all Black Women! Even when it wasn't, it was still Women of Color. I AM SO IN LOVE WITH BROODING JUGHEAD! His sarcasm and references are life! If you haven't seen it yet, the entire first season is on Netflix, and it's so worth it. If you want to know more, read my season one post.
- The Bold Type S1: This show was such a breath of fair air. Following the writers that attempted to turn Cosmo into a more feminist Magazine, you see the trials, tribulations and the hardships that came with that adventure. My favorite Character was kat, but Sutton was a close Second. I love that show was just honest. Showed you how hard it was too move departments, showed how difficult it would be to try new things, and how Magazines gathered Data for their quizzes, and other advice columns.
- Midnight, Texas S1: Another show brought to us by the writers of True Blood, I was immediately interested. Texas was in the title, but I counted three black women in the promo poster, I was intrigued! You follow a "charlatan" Psychic, who travels in a van and is running from some very bad people. His dead grandmother's ghost is attached to the van, and tells him he'll be safe in Midnight. However, Hell has other plans, Witches, Vampires, Werewolves and more inhabit Midnight, it is a special place for the supernatural *ahem, Hellmouth* if you will.
- Pretty Little Liars Finale: I definitely won't go into detail here, because it will just get me all worked up again. If you are super interested in the whole feels, I wrote an entire post about the Finale. Yep, An entire post on one episode. I am just so sad that it's over, I'm glad that Riverdale stepped in to fill the mystery shoes, but I'm going to need showrunners, to get on making more. I need more Mystery television in my life!
- Young and Hungry S1-S3: I'm generally not a comedy kind of gal. What I find funny, and what most other people find funny generally doesn't correlate. However, Young and Hungry really took me by surprise. Sophia is definitely my favorite character, and I can't wait for the next season of Hi-jinks.
- Dear White People S1: When the film came out a couple of years ago, I could not wait to go see it in theaters. I was so sad that was all there was going to be, then earlier this year, I saw an ad for it on Netflix, and I was so flippin' excited. It was a lot more hands-on than I was expecting, but I absolutely loved every episode. I need to know what's going to happen with Gabe and Sam, Lionel and Silvio. I want to know what will change now that his son has been in that predicament. I want a whole 'nother season!!! If you haven't watched it, the whole season is on Netflix.
- Voltron: Legendary Defender S1: I wasn't a huge fan of Voltron when I was younger, but that is the awesome part of a reboot when it comes to cartoons. It helps introduce a new audience to something that they may not have experienced. If you haven't watched this series yet, please give it ago, All three seasons are on Netflix, and my favorite character is Pidge. Dressing like a boy to get into an elite school and help find her missing father and brother, she and four others, discover lions that when connected together create the Mighty Voltron. A force of Hope against the intergalactic battle of Good and Evil with the Galrans led by Lord Zarkon.
- Dark Shadows S1: I remember watching re-runs of this on WGN when I was younger with my grandmother and my uncle. I came across it on Hulu a couple of months ago and not only do they have the entire original black and white series but the reboot and the revival series! The story revolves around Barnabas Collins who comes back to meet the more modern lineage of his family. Barnabas's character is alluded to be a Vampire, and there are other supernatural phenomena happening as well. Considered the longest lasting Gothic Drama on Television, It is something I've always been enjoying. I highly recommend.
- Drak Pack: I wasn't sure how I had missed this cartoon before, but I came across it, and I was addicted! It is the most cheesiest piece of animation I think I have ever seen and I am living for it. When I first found it I wasn't sure I was going to like it because the art wasn't great, but then I came across the theme song, and I KNEW after they said "O.G.R.E., The Organization of Rotten Enterprises", I know I was going to be hooked.