July was Over so fast, and now that August is here, I guess I'm a little late for July favorites. That's okay though because that just means I'm two months closer to Halloween and I'm over the moon about that. Here are some of the things I loved in July!
-Turning 27: July is my birthday month! I turned 27 this year, and honestly, it was kind of scary. I'm in the latter half of my 20's and I haven't really accomplished anything I originally had wanted to do. So I'm focusing the last three of my 20's on accomplishing my goals. There'll be a post on that later.
- Getting a new Job: I got my first Big girl job this month and I am so ecstatic about it. I'll be a secretary for a huge and wildly Popular Music School in my city. I wanted something office like, and I'll be surrounded by musicians, what more could I want?
- interviewing some awesome ladies: My feature A Chat with, was pretty busy this month! I got to interview Mija Vera, proprietor of Mind - Speaks, a Stationery company. (Fangirls' dream come true) Marie Nguyen, a striking illustrator, and Penelope Bagieou, the illustrator of Brazen, which came out a few months ago!
- For my 27th Birthday, I got my 8th tattoo! I'm always talking about my tattoo list, but to actually start crossing things off the list is crazy to me! My latest tattoo is on the back of my calf and is inspired by Papermoon by Tommy Heavenly6. It was the worst as far as pain level of all of my tattoos, but as I continue to explore new territory as I tattoo new areas of my body, that will happen. I'm so in love with it, and I'm already ready for #9! I'll write up an ink adventure soon about it.
- I finished two books this month! I've hopped back onto the audiobook train. I love to listen to music when I work, but listening to an audiobook, kind of distracts me, so I can really only listen to them when I'm driving and when I'm playing video games. I was on Overdrive looking for something but came across Dead and Breakfast by Kate Kingsbury and fell in love. I finished it in a day and went back for the second one. I have both of the reviews on Goodreads!
- I made a Facebook Page. I really don't know why it took me so long. I'm at the point of wanting to start building an audience for Nerdette At Large. I love my blog and I'm proud of the content that I create and I want to start sharing it with more people! There's a widget in the sidebar if you'd like to join the fun!
What did you get up to in July? Let's Chat about it on Twitter!
Same Bat Time, Same Bat Channel,